Thursday, October 12, 2006

I *heart* projects, Parts 2, 3, 4, & 4.5

Part 2
I found a stuff catcher. I've had several (two) inquiries about my previous project, so I thought I'd just post a nifty little picture to show you the stuff catcher. I stole it from the girls' room, and I don't even feel bad about it. It was holding Halle's soccer stuff, but her soccer stuff is now...well, right now it's in the laundry room, but after that it will probably be on the floor. Or maybe on top of her dresser. Either way, I don't feel bad about it.

The dresser, which served its purpose well for many years (as a DRESSER), simply did not belong in such a small space. Plus, it just needed to go.

Part 3, or Shout Out to Former Generations Employees!

I recently repaired a piggy bank for my friend Amanda (who has fallen off of the face of the blogging world, but whose husband has JOINED the blogging world. Mwuuhahahaha! I take no end of delight in that fact.) Anyway, the piggy bank had met an untimely fate (the floor) and needed some help. So I brushed off my Generations skilz (the kind you don't necessarily list on a resume) and helped out our porcine pal. Here (s)he was after the run in with the floor.

I had to laugh at the shape of the broken tail part. You can't make up stuff like this.

And, finally, the finished product.

I didn't have all of the pieces, so it's not perfect, but I think it looks pretty darn good. Amanda thought so too. Luv to my Generations peeps.

Part 4
My most recent project involves shrubs (Bring me a shrubbery!) I bought some dwarf yaupon hollies for the flower beds in the front of our house. They've been buggers to plant because I have to dig holes, and so I'm only halfway done. But I'm very pleased with the result so far.

(They will get bigger, which is why they're planted so far apart.) This project led to project (or part) 4.5.

Part 4.5, which involves more digging.
On the side of the house where I have not yet planted the shrubs (Nee!), there was a portion of ground where I had previously planted some spider lily bulbs and some daffodil bulbs. After watching that spot this spring (when the daffodils should bloom) and summer(when the spider lillies should bloom), I determined that it doesn't get enough sun for the plants to actually flower. I got greenery but no blooms. So, in order to plant the shrubs and to get actual flowers, I had to dig up the bulbs.
On the left you can see one of the unplanted shrubs. On the right you can see where I dug up the bulbs. I hope to get them all planted again this afternoon, as soon as I am done with this post.

So, that's what I've been up to lately. I told you I *heart* projects.


Anonymous said...

Your domesticity/gardening skills put me to shame!

hoesayfina said...

Thanks for letting me know who to call when i have a "project" that i need help with. -m

You forgot to mention that you are an expert painter and picture organizer. :)

usa online pharmacy said...

Thank you for providing such valuable information. all have had so much learning from this post.